So today is Father's day and I am going to church and a luncheon afterwards to celebrate Dads. I am so lucky to have parents that love me so much. It has taken me awhile to see that all the pestering and worries about where I am just meant that they care and they don't want anything to happen to me. At the end of the day your family is always going to be there for you no matter what. I think I knew that before but it took a while to finally come to terms with it and accept it.
I have friends that don't do a whole lot with their families. It doesn't mean they are not loved, but it's a weird concept for me. My family always gets together for birthdays, holidays, and just anything in between. I know that they would love to see me everyday, but the reality of the situation is not possible. It would only be possible if I lived at home again. My roommate just told me that it is unusual for a family to get together as much as mine, but I told her that is all I know. We have always done that. I guess its my family's way of saying "I love you." We don't actually say it all the time, but we show it in our actions and the way we do things for one another.
It's weird how one bad situation will bring you closer to the one's that really matter. Going through a break up is a horrible thing and family and friends are the ones that are there to pick up the pieces and make sure they stay in tact so as to not fall apart again. I don't know what I would have done without my family and friends through this whole thing. I am so fortunate to have them in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment